AC Repair Cedar Park, TX | AC Services
Cedar Park is a major suburb of Austin and is known for being home to the Cedar Park Center which hosts many different entertainment events, including concerts, sporting events, and more. There are many people who choose to call this area home, and for good reason. It's a booming area that has a hometown-feel with a close proximity to a major city, offering jobs and easy-to-access healthcare services.
The area is known for having hot spring and summer seasons with mild winters. With the temperatures being warm throughout a lot of the year, homeowners need a trusted AC repair contractor they can trust to take care of repair and replacement work. As a homeowner, it is important for you to understand when it's time for replacement, or when you only need a simple repair.
The list below from Energy Star will help you to better determine if you need us for repair work, or if it's time to get a replacement unit installed.
1. The system is over a decade old. A new unit may help you to save up to 20% on your energy costs from month to month.
2. Your unit needs repair after repair to keep it running. This could indicate that the system is too old and inefficient to properly cool your family's home.
3. Some rooms in your home feel much warmer than they should. This may be caused from inadequate operation of your AC, or it could be from a problem involvinv your ducts or insulation - checking the AC is a good starting point.
4. Your home feels very humid, even with the windows closed. This could be from a cooling system not working like it should, or from leaking ducts.
5. The air conditioner is very loud and noisy when it runs. This may be from problems with the coils of your system. They may need to be repaired, or the unit may need to be replaced.
Broken AC Tips and Tricks
While you are waiting for us to show up to your home, there are a few things you can try to keep cool. Make sure that you open some windows to create air flow. This will help to create a breeze that will keep your family cool and comfortable. You can also wrap towels that have been rinsed through with cold water around your neck to help yourself from overheating. It may also be a good idea to try eating cold foods, such as ice cream.
21-Point Air Conditioning Precision Tune-Up and cleaning includes:
- Calibrate and level thermostat
- Clean filters if need be
- Monitor volts/amps on fan motor
- Lubricate and inspect bearings for wear
- Clean indoor coil if accessible by our NATE techician
- Flush/treat condensate drain with anti-algae
- Inspect condenser coil
- Monitor operating pressure of refrigerant
- Inspect safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect disconnect box for proper rating and installation
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Test/inspect contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect electrical system for exposed wiring
- Test and inspect capacitors
- Inspect fan blade
- Clean condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure temperature difference – supply/return
- Inspect duct work for energy loss
- Monitor compressor for proper amperage, volt draw & wiring connections
- Clean debris from around the condenser
90 minutes is all it takes to be assured of worry-free air conditioning performance - do this in spring and fall each year.
Please give us a call today if you would like to schedule an appointment with our team. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Other Towns Nearby That We Service
Austin, Kyle, Lakeway, Leander, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Barton Creek, Bastrop, Bushy Creek, Buda, Dripping Springs, Georgetown, Hudson Bend, Hutto, Jollyville, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Lost Creek, Manor, Rollingwood, San Marcos, Shady Hollow, The Hills, Wells Branch, West Lake Hills, Wimberley, Windemere, Wood Creek, Wyldwood